My favorite “get hit by a taxi together in Chicago” friend, Rebecca, just tagged me to participate in a meme that John Smulo has started. I don’t always get around to doing these when tagged, but for Rebecca, who so gently and graciously prayed for me in the back of the ambulance that night, I will!
1. Apologize for three things that Christians have often got wrong. Your apologies should be directed towards those who donâ€™t view themselves as part of the Christian community. Alternatively, apologize for things you personally have done wrong towards those outside of the church.
2. Post a comment at the originating post so others can keep track of the apologies.
3. Tag five people to participate in the meme.
4. If desired, send an email with the link to your blog post at the Christians Confess site, giving permission for your apologies to be added to the website.
Well, here goes…
1. I am sorry that I have been unwilling to disregard reputation the way Jesus, who did not chafe under being called a glutton and drunkard, so clearly did.
2. I am sorry that I have held tightly to what I have and refused to give materially to the needy and the stranger.
3. I am sorry that I have sought to “protect” my holiness through exclusion and separation.
And I tag…any of you who read here and would like to add your own!